10,000 Expected to Register for OurCrowd Global Investor Summit, Feb. 1, 2018 in Jerusalem
OurCrowd, the leading global equity crowdfunding platform, today announced that it will host its fourth annual OurCrowd Global Investor Summit, on February 1, 2018, in Jerusalem, Israel. It will be the largest investor event in the Middle East and the biggest equity crowdfunding event in the world.
“It should be no surprise that the Summit is held here in Jerusalem – a city that has always been a center of innovation and inspiration.”
Over 10,000 people are expected to register from over 80 countries, including 300 startups, 200 VC representatives and 250 Multinational Corporations such as GE, Honda, DuPont, and Samsung, along with entrepreneurs, investors, government officials and members of the press from around the world.
“In only five years, OurCrowd has built a global network of over 20,000 investors, entrepreneurs, corporations, and venture capitalists,” said OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved. “From our unique position connecting this growing network, we’re able to bring the entire ecosystem together at the Summit and help drive the era of tech innovation, and find more ways to transform the world and how we live.”
“For the fourth year in a row, Jerusalem will proudly host the OurCrowd Summit, the largest investor event in this part of the world, and one of the most exciting technology events anywhere,” said Jerusalem Mayor Nir Barkat in a summit video invite encouraging investors from all over the world to attend. “It should be no surprise that the Summit is held here in Jerusalem – a city that has always been a center of innovation and inspiration.”
The Summit Agenda will include engaging content from the innovative startup ecosystem. Sessions include:
- From the main stage, first-person accounts of startup tech changing the world: assisting law enforcement in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting, drone search and rescue after the hurricanes in Florida and Texas, helping rehabilitate spinal cord injuries, saving lives from medical errors, and much more
- “The Innovation Revolution: Case studies from the Ecosystem,” demonstrating how connecting the players can supercharge the growth of startups
- Top 10 Tech Trends for 2018
- “Demo Theater: No Pitches, Just Wow” – Nonstop demos in a theater environment (popcorn included), demonstrated by the innovators themselves
- “Killer Robots and Mutant Children: How to Keep Next-Gen Tech from Destroying Us”
- The OurCrowd Hackathon: Crowdcreating a Startup, where we will crowdsource ideas to commercialize raw technologies
The party doesn’t stop when the summit closing plenary comes to an end. Attendees will have access to surrounding events, afterparties and pop-up events taking place into the wee hours, including the takeover of Jerusalem’s Mahane Yehuda Market. “ShukTek,” hosted by the Jerusalem Development Authority, and the Ministry of Jerusalem and Heritage, will offer participants the opportunity to enjoy local craft beer and hear “war stories” from some of the country’s most impressive startup CEOs.
Register today for the startup event of the year, the 2018 Global Investor Summit at summit.ourcrowd.com.
About OurCrowd: OurCrowd is the leading global equity crowdfunding platform for accredited investors. Managed by a team of seasoned investment professionals and led by serial entrepreneur Jon Medved, OurCrowd vets and selects opportunities, invests its own capital, and brings companies to its accredited membership of global investors. OurCrowd provides post-investment support to its portfolio companies, assigns industry experts as mentors, and takes board seats. The OurCrowd community consists of almost 20,000 accredited investors from over 112 countries. OurCrowd has raised over $500M and invested in 130 portfolio companies and funds. To join OurCrowd as an accredited investor visit http://www.ourcrowd.com and click “Join.”