The SUV trendsetter is now available to order
The GLE 300 d 4MATIC with 180 kW (245 hp) and 500 Nm is available as the first diesel from the current engine family (combined fuel consumption: 6.4-6.1 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 169-161 g/km) . Thanks tofurther expanded emission control technologies, the powerful four-cylinder remains below all emission limits far beyond the norm, even in demanding driving situations and environmental conditions.
The Mercedes-Benz GLE 450 4MATIC as the first petrol model is powered by a six-cylinder engine systematically electrified with 48-volt technology (combined fuel consumption: 9.4-8.3 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions:
214-190 g/km), and is available on market launch. Its performance data: 270 kW (367 hp) and 500 Nm of torque, with a further 250 Nm of torque and 16 kW/22 hp available via EQ Boost over short periods.
In the AIRMATIC package an active damping system is combined with a modern air suspension for an intelligent comfort suspension that can automatically adjust to the driving situation, speed and load.
E-ACTIVE BODY CONTROL is the ultimate in all things suspension: the synthesis of comfort, precision and dynamics, combined with unique off-road characteristics. This includes the fully active, electro-hydraulic suspension on a 48-volt basis; four DYNAMIC SELECT drive programmes including recovery mode, and depending on other equipment, ROAD SURFACE SCAN and the three-stage CURVE inclination function.
The Off-road Technology package is an innovative combination for effortless driving on all routes both on and off the beaten track. Components include a fully variable, stepless all-wheel drive, which combines the dynamic benefits of torque-on-demand with a low-range ratio for gears. Other functions include speed regulation for steep downhill drives, off-road ABS with specific optimisation for roads in poor conditions and technical protection for the entire underbody. In addition, there is the DYNAMIC SELECT drive programme with extended functionality.
The trailer hitch is electrically foldable and retractable. With AIRMATIC, the GLE is permitted to tow 3.5 tonnes. And the Trailer Assist provides support when reversing.
The ENERGIZING Package Plus offers particularly high levels of comfort. It bundles many of the premium equipment lines, available separately, with innovative intelligence, and includes multi-conture seats for driver and front passenger, seat climate control for driver and front passenger with seat heating and seat ventilation, the Warmth Comfort Package (for pleasant heat from all sides), the AIR-BALANCE Package (fragrancing, ionisation and cleaning the air) and six ENERGIZING Comfort programmes as well as the ENERGIZING COACH for intelligent pre-selection of ENERGIZING Comfort programmes that suit the driving situation and the driver’s condition. Also on board: The ambient lighting with programme-specific lighting mood.
Comfort and support while driving: Something for all purposes
The GLE takes another step toward autonomous driving with the Driving Assistance Package. It provides support as the situation requires for adjusting speed, steering, changing lanes and even when there is a risk of collision. Components include Active Distance Assist DISTRONIC, Active Speed Limit Assist, extended automatic restart on motorways, speed adjustment based on the route with End of Tailback Function, Active Steering Assist, Active Lane Change Assist, Active Emergency Stop Assist, Emergency Lane Function; Active Brake Assist, Cornering and Cross-Traffic Function, End of Tailback Emergency Brake Function, Evasive Steering Assist; Active Lane Keeping Assist, Active Blind Spot Assist, Exit Warning Function; PRE-SAFE® PLUS and Traffic Sign Assist. The Driving Assistance Package Plus offers the highest degree of comfort and safety. It additionally contains the Stop-and-Go Assist, which provides support when driving in traffic, and in cases of lateral collisions, PRE-SAFE® Impulse Side can offer additional protection.
Little helpers with a great impact: The GLE thinks for you
The fully electric and adjustable second row of seats promises flexibility and comfort: The load compartment can be extended flexibly, and the rear seats can be positioned for individual comfort.
Via the EASY-ENTRY access aid, electric adjustment also allows access to the third row of seats for 2 people.
Adaptive MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with individually controllable LEDs react quickly to the traffic situation. The functions include Adaptive Highbeam Assist Plus (allows for dazzle-free permanent high beams); ULTRA RANGE high beam (increases the range to the permissible maximum); cornering light and active light function (optimally illuminates the field of vision depending on the driving situation); extended fog light, city light, country road mode, highway mode and adverse weather light.
The adaptive windscreen wiper system MAGIC VISION CONTROL ensures the perfect view – even during wiping action. Intelligent, heated supplies of water are used in the windscreen wipers. These spray the cleaning fluid onto the windscreen right in front of the heated wiper blades, exactly where it is needed.
The heated front windscreen quickly and comfortably ensures clear vision on cold days – conveniently at the touch of a button and without any annoying windscreen scraping. The invisible heating system integrated in the windscreen quickly thaws the ice so that it can easily be removed with the windscreen wipers, and prevents condensation.
MBUX as standard: The big experience on the interior
The command “Hey Mercedes” launches the customised service that MBUX provides. Personal profiles, forecast functions as well as a WiFi hotspot completely redefine the term digital networking. As standard are the following:
- The Widescreen Cockpit with flexible display options: The desired content can be positioned individually and the host of functions controlled intuitively thanks to touch technology. The hard-disc navigation with Live Traffic and Car-to-X Communication are always on-board (whereby networked vehicles exchange safety-relevant data).
- The Navigation Services: The vehicle answers questions on your journey, tells you current fuel prices at your destination, the number of available parking spaces or the current weather.
- The Vehicle Set-up App: Settings can be changed and information called up remotely on the smartphone. This includes sending addresses to the navigation system or locking the doors.
- Smartphone Integration: The mobile phone links up with the media system via Apple® CarPlay® and Android Auto®. This allows direct access to the smartphone’s most important applications. You can also use apps from third-party service providers such as Spotify quickly and easily.
- Vehicle Monitoring: If required, the smartphone allows you to see where the vehicle is located at any time and you can even determine what area the vehicle is allowed to enter. You will also immediately receive information on undesired movements.
- The Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call System (with an unlimited term): Via a communications module with its own sim card, an emergency call is initiated when an accident is detected, and this can reduce the time it takes for the emergency services to arrive. The emergency call can also be initiated manually to organise help.
- The communications module (LTE) for the use of Mercedes me connect services (with an unlimited term): It connects the vehicle with the internet. Two mobile phone antennas and an LTE-compatible SIM card ensure a fast connection.
The Burmester® surround sound system ensures exceptional sound with 13 loud speakers and a total system output of 590 W. The Burmester® high-end 3D surround sound system with 25 speakers and a total system output of 1,590 W offers an even better sound experience. Here the loudspeakers in the roof liner compose a three-dimensional sound.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE is not only exceptionally dynamic and more comfortable on the road, it is also more competent off the beaten track than ever before. Its exterior design exudes strength and charisma and at the same time sets a new aerodynamic best value in its segment with a cw value from 0.29. The interior is even more spacious, the second row of seats is electrically adjustable as an option and a third seat row is available on request. And the GLE will be full of innovations at launch. The new Mercedes-Benz GLE will be launched with two engine line-ups and will be delivered from the beginning of 2019.